1st World Conference on Supported Employment – “Employment for All - A Global Perspective” which will be held in Belfast, Northern Ireland, from 14 – 16 June 2017.
The conference is being hosted by the European Union of Supported Employment (EUSE) and the European Association of Service Providers for disabled people (EASPD) and organised by the Northern Ireland Union of Supported Employment (NIUSE). The organisers have also brought together and are working in partnership with the World Association of Supported Employment (WASE), Canadian Association of Supported Employment (CASE), Association of people supporting Employment first (APSE) and Disability Employment Australia.
This is an excellent opportunity to become inspired and invigorated by employment experts and to network with colleagues and peers from around the world.
Aim of the Conference
Employment for All – A Global Perspective aims to challenge everyone to improve access to the employment market by bringing the employers closer to those furthest from the labour market and in doing so recognising the challenges and changes that we as professionals may face. To help us through this process the conference themes are:
- The Right to Work
- The Economy and the Employers
- Tools and Methodologies
- Legal Frameworks and Policy
This will be delivered in a variety of formats ranging from presentations to delegate participation opportunities.
Keynote Speakers will be of the highest calibre drawing on experts from around the Globe around the above themes,
Programme details will be updated regular through the programme page of this website.
Conference Programme in Brief
- Wednesday 14 June 2017 – pre-conference workshops will be available to the first 200 delegates (Booking early is advisable)
- Wednesday 14 June 2017 @ 19.30hrs – 21.00hrs – Civic Reception (venue to be confirmed) – All delegates invited
- Thursday 15 June 2017 from 9.15hrs – 17.00hrs
- Thursday 15 June 2017 @ 19.30hrs Conference Dinner – Titanic Belfast, 1 Olympic Way, Queen's Road, Belfast, N. Ireland, BT3 9EP
- Friday 16 June 2017 from 9.15hrs – 16.30hrs
For full conference programme go to Programme.
Early bird Booking Fee - €270.00/£250.00 (CLOSED)
Full Fee - €300.00/£270.00
Conference Fee includes:
- Attendance at 2 day conference (Thursday 15 & Friday 16 June 2017)
- First 200 delegates access to workshops on Wednesday 14 June 2017
- Lunch and refreshments for the two day conference
- Delegate pack
- Attendance at the Civic Reception (Wednesday 14 June 2017 and limited to 250 guests)
- Attendance at Conference Dinner (Thursday 15 June 2017)
- For delegates staying in Belfast City Centre Hotels travel will be provided to the La Mon Hotel and Country Club for the conference programme*.
- For delegates staying in La Mon Hotel and Country Club travel will be provided to the Civic Reception and Conference Dinner*
*Terms and conditions apply
The conference language will be English.
Captioning will be available for the main plenary session and key note presentations in English and Spanish.
The conference venues – La Mon Hotel and Country Club and Titanic, Belfast and designated hotels are accessible.
Belfast over the last 10 years has become more accessible.
Should you require further information regarding disability access, please do not hesitate to contact us – email@example.com
Who should attend?
People and organisations with an interest in developing, designing or improving employment programmes for people with disability or people from disadvantaged situations, employers, strategy, policy planners and representatives of disabled persons’ organisation.
This conference will challenge, inspire, motivate and energise your work. It will provide you with a platform to look beyond your own national boundaries and discover solutions that will have a positive impact on people lives.
- Learn from high profile speakers and workshop leaders drawn from around the world
- Energise and motivate yourself at a range of thought provoking workshops
- Share best practice and solutions
- Meet employment experts, build new networks and identify partners for the future
La Mon Hotel and Country Club is an outstanding family owned 4 Star Hotel. It is conveniently located 15 minutes from Belfast city centre, yet nestled away in the countryside. The La Mon Hotel and Country Club offers one of the largest state of the art Conferencing & Events suites amongst hotels in Northern Ireland.
The La Mon Hotel has also 120 rooms and leisure facilities. Additional accommodation will also be provided in Belfast City Centre and transport* will be provided to the La Mon Hotel on the main conference days Wednesday 14, Thursday 15 and Wednesday 16 June 2017.
*Terms and conditions will apply.
Accommodation can be booked directly with the hotel, go to Accommodation and Travel.
To view the conference venue click here https://youtu.be/u5jX2GiglTA
La Mon Hotel and Country Club
41 Gransha Rd
Belfast BT23 5RF
Meet the Conference Hosts
The 1st World Conference on Supported Employment is hosted by the European Union of Supported Employment (EUSE) and European Association of Service Providers for Persons with Disabilities (EASPD) and organised by the Northern Ireland Union of Supported Employment (NIUSE):
EUSE was established in 1993 to facilitate the development of Supported Employment throughout Europe. EUSE works to achieve this through the promotion of the Supported Employment model, the exchange of information and knowledge on good practice in Supported Employment and the development of model services. EUSE provides a platform for networking with other organisations and associations at European and worldwide level.
EASPD is a European not-for-profit organisation and represent over 12,000 social service provider organisations across both Europe and disability. The main objective of EASPD is to promote equal opportunities for people with disabilities through effective and high-quality service systems. EASPD provides tools and instruments to implement articles 12, 13, 19, 24 and 27 of the United Nations Convention on the rights of persons with disabilities.
NIUSE is a network organisation representing individuals and organisation promoting employment opportunities for people with disabilities and people from disadvantaged situation to access and stay in employment through the Supported Employment model. NIUSE provides a range of services to its members and other relevant organisations such as policy development, information, staff development, training (accredited and non-accredited training), organising conference, workshops and seminars and membership based services.
Other partners are: