Website Accessibility Measures
Every effort has been made to ensure that this website is as accessible to as many different people as possible including:
- compliance with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and W3C standards
- separation of semantic content from presentation style, so that style settings can easily be overriden in the user's browser, and allowing for maximum readability by text-to-speech browsers
- use of browser/user resizable text throughout (no graphic text or fixed tex sizes) along with built-in text-resizing function
BrowseAloud adds speech and reading support to online content to extend the reach of websites for the 20% of the population who require reading support. This includes those with dyslexia, learning difficulties, mild visual impairments and those with English as a second language.
BrowseAloud is free to use and works with all major browsers. To hear text read aloud from a desktop or laptop computer you simply move your mouse pointer over the text. From a touch screen device, you simply click on the text to hear it read aloud.
Visit the BrowseAloud website for more information and to download the software.
My Computer My Way
If you have trouble viewing or using our site, the My Computer My Way website may help. This site may be useful if:
- you have trouble using your keyboard or mouse
- you have difficulty seeing your screen
- you have dyslexia or communication difficulties
If you have difficulties reading this site or notice any page which is difficult to access, please contact us to let us know.